Tonight we had the full crew working on the project.
We finished sheeting the top side of the center section of the wing..
We intended on also sheeting the top side of the nacelles, but decided
against that. The reason not to sheet top of nacelles now is
because of our recessed firewalls, the sheeting will extend past the
firewall approx 1-1/2 inches, which would be an invitation for breakage at
Our next step will be to bring the fuse back home so we can fit the wing
to it. After that being done we will display the wing at the hobby
shop and continue working on the fuse for a while. We talked about
going and picking up the fuse tonight. But today, here in Kansas
City, the temperature reached 96F with the heat index being well over
100F. Therefore Rick was really beat, plus Greg and Gary weren't
networking the best tonight. I think this happens sometimes when a
job starts to overwhelm a person. Any way, we called it an early
night and look forward to a more productive week next week.
Tonight the pictures show a little different view as we installed the
outboard panels and stood the wing on the nacelles for both a bottom view
and an top view. The last picture is the standard top view of the
center section only.
Tonight we started with the full crew then ended up with
Rick and Gary. Greg had a previous engagement that he had to
attend. Gary picked up the fuse from the NRC Hobbies on monday night,
so we were ready to go.
Rick and Greg started with the fuse trimming the fuse
formers to the indicated laser lines while Gary trimmed the trailing edge of
the wing as needed. We trial fitted the wing to the fuse and sanded as
necessary. Soon the Pizza was delivered and we ate. Greg then
left Rick and Gary to carry on.
After some more sanding and fitting we triangulated the fuse to the
wing. Next the wing was leveled, incidence checked, and the fuse
checked for being perpendicular. Every thing looked fine, so that told
us we have a good fit. The next job is to install the 1/32 ply to the
wing seat in the fuse. We decided to wait till next week to do this as
could be a little time consuming. Attached pictures are the first to
show all the major assemblies put together as one.